- Posted by Nourhan Osman
- On 09/09/2020
- 0 Comments
The Health and Safety Supervisor will be responsible for providing support to the project management team, supervisors, foremen and workers. This position will provide leadership and coordination of the day-to-day safety requirements of the assigned project.
· Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift, if possible coordinate with the project manager.
· Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field.
· Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
· Inform the project management team and supervision of any new or conflictive legislative matters that could impact the project.
· Develop a Site Safety Management Plan (SMP) for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community.
· Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions.
· Organize and schedule required safety staff and first aid coverage.
· Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors, foremen and safety advisors.
· Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately.
· Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
· Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
· Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed. Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
· Ensure Safety Advisors are verifying field staff training and competencies; consult the project management team and Regional Safety Manager for compliance and action plan.
· Review safety obligations of the clients and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement, and communicated to the Project Manager, Supervisors, Foreman and Safety Advisors.
· Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and forwarded to the head office.
· Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: Health and safety policy, inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of first aid, etc. are maintained and current.
· Ensure that the following material is available and on site, HS&E Manual, the applicable provincial legislation and regulations, site safety inspection forms, observation forms, tailboards and log books, fall protection plans etc.
· Communicate, coach and assist the field staff to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met. Health and Safety Supervisor
· Coordinate a regular meeting with project safety team to review issues, trends and upcoming conditions or events.
· Other duties as required.
Qualifications / Experience:
· Have a BSc in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
· Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma or Certificate would be an asset.
· Relevant Professional Business qualification is mandatory
· Minimum 4 years of experience in related field prior.
· Excellent (oral, written & verbal) interpersonal, presentation and communication skills in both Arabic & English languages.
· The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities.
· Have a ( IOSH, OSHA, or NIBOSH) certificate
· Have a certificate of fire protection system
Skills & Abilities:
· Highly developed communication, presentation and reporting skills (verbal and written).
· Highly developed skills in use of relevant IT packages including Excel, word, PowerPoint etc…
· Must have strong interpersonal abilities and can deal with different types of people.
· Drive for Results that move tasks and assignments towards successful closure.
· Analytical Thinker, by analyzing, and identifying root causes to draw the appropriate conclusions and results
· Must have a great Planning and organizing skills
· Must have a Time management skills and can work under pressure in any circumstances.